He’s right; Dora really does need to put on her listening ears.
Tag - Toddlers
A couple of years ago, I created a Pregnancy Bingo Card, so I figured it was time to update our game selection with — yes, you guessed it — The Laughing Stork’s Toddler Bingo. Enjoy!
Anyone who has so much as glanced at a tabloid in the past six months knows that actor Shia LaBeouf has been acting, um, curiously lately. In fact, it seems he’s regressed into a toddler — no offense to my toddler. Some similarities I’ve noticed:
I’m in the midst of potty-training my second kid and, while his heart and intentions are in the right place, his aim sure isn’t. Which is why I present SEVEN POTTY-TRAINING MEMES to help all of us — past, present, future and never-ever potty trainers — laugh through children’s, um, misplaced efforts…
Being in the midst of off-and-on potty training, ourselves, I thought I would share some wisdom I’ve gleaned along the way — mainly, 10 signs that potty training may not be going well.
1. Toddler has broad definition of “potty.”
2. Toddler unwisely insists, “I DO IT MYSELF!”
As you can see, our kids are ready to hit the streets of Los Angeles in their sweet wheels, so I just wanted to give fellow drivers a heads up. If you notice any of the following warning signs, well, then my toddler may just be driving that car in front of you.
Top 10 Signs My Toddler is Driving a Car on the Road
10. Has a bumper sticker that says, “I BRAKE FOR CHEERIOS. BUT NOT SO MUCH FOR PEOPLE, OTHER CARS OR WALLS.”
9. If you ask her to please go faster, she will slow down to a frustrating snail’s pace.
8. Drives erratically due to DUIS (driving under the influence of sugar).
7. Points at drivers who cut her off and yells, “That car needs a time-out!” (as she yells, much to my embarrassment, when I grumble at other drivers).
6. Drives environmentally-friendly foot-powered vehicle.
5. Screams “NO, DON’T WANT TO!” when a red sign demands that she “STOP.”
4. Stops to collect dirty rocks, dead leaves and discarded chewing gum off the road.
3. Has problems sharing the road with others: “MINE!”
2. Tries to get out of speeding tickets by insisting, “No, Curious George do it!”
1. Eschews car washes in favor of wiping down car with brand new Ralph Lauren dress.