I thought I was a selfless mom for sharing my coffee cake with my son this morning, but no…! Turns out, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands earned the “Mom of the Day” title today when she abdicated the throne to her eldest son, Willem-Alexander, allowing him to become the first King of the Netherlands in more than 120 years. Quite a nice gesture on Beatrix’s part, especially considering she is now just a lame princess. But when you think about it, there are some perks to abdicating the throne to your son:
The 5 Coolest Things About Abdicating The Throne to Your Son
5. Since the effectiveness of “But I gave BIRTH to you!” has long worn off, you can now lay guilt trips with “But I MADE YOU KING!”
4. Reason to use awesome new bumper sticker:
3. More time to check out new Royals-only bingo hall.
2. Now your eldest will have round-the-clock security to protect him from wedgie fights started by his younger brothers.
1. No pressure to host holiday dinners at YOUR palace anymore. Woo-hoo!