Parents-to-be often have precious nicknames for their little ones, and Kate Middleton and Prince William apparently are no exception. A “royal insider” (twenty bucks says it’s their Cocker Spaniel, Lupo) tells tabloids that “Kate and William call the baby ‘our little grape,'” explaining that they came up with the fruity moniker after noting the size of the fetus on a recent growth chart. (Related: Check out our fun game, “Match the Baby with the Legume!“) And, if you think about it, the nickname totally makes sense — because grapes do have a lot in common with newborns. For example…
WHAT NEWBORNS AND GRAPES HAVE IN COMMON
1. Have to wash them off when you first get them.
2. They can drive you to indulge in wine and cheese.
3. They are delicious to nibble on.
4. Even when they’re a little oddly shaped, you love them anyway.
5. If you wait too long to “harvest” them, they become wrinkled and resemble an old man.