Now that we have little ones, Mr. Candy and I don’t exactly party on St. Patty’s Day like we used to (meaning: we see something about it on the evening news and say “Is it March already?” and pass out ten minutes later). However, that doesn’t mean we can’t find fun ways to celebrate it with the family!
A few tips from us to you:
1. Instead of laughing over copious glasses of Guinness (mmmmm…Guinness), laugh at how mortified your child looks when you outfit him in ridiculous-looking St. Patrick’s Day accessories.
PLEASE NOTE: If he looks this happy with himself, you are doing something wrong.
2. Just when your cat is feeling smug for having escaped the humiliation, nab him with THIS get-up.
PLEASE NOTE: If the cat can’t even look you in the eye, you are doing something right.
3. Your husband longing for the days he could watch March Madness without interruption and with beer(s) in-hand? Cheer him up with these totally masculine holiday accessories!
PLEASE NOTE: Or he may prefer the more personal touch (but equally virile) of something handmade.
4. Good news for moms: Feel free to skip that facial waxing session on St. Patrick’s Day!
5. The holiday can also be great for quality bonding time with the family. For example, you can make adorable arts and crafts together, such as a pillow…
*GULP* However, if you adorn your house with something like this, keep in mind it could explain why your son hands in homework like THIS:
6. And if all else fails…
Head over to Grandma’s house. Now there’s a woman who knows how to have a good time! (Although you may want to keep the kids away from Grammy’s “special green juice.”)