Ten Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom
Jul 10, 2012 | Filed Under: Top 10 Lists
While we’re on our East Coast Family Summer Visit Tour (filled with almost as many screams and fainting fans as Bieber’s “Believe” tour… almost), I am re-publishing this list that originally appeared on The Laughing Stork in February 2011. It was one I was asked to write for Redbook, one that sparked a “spirited” discussion in the comments section. It also caught the attention of Kathie Lee, who attempted to read my list on the Today show in the midst of her five-Merlot breakfast.
So here it is, the now-infamous list that was inspired by feedback from my mom and other fabulous stay-at-home moms…
Top 10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom
- When the kids are older, do you think you’ll get a real job?
- How June Cleaver of you!
- Oh, so you don’t work?
- Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
- All day with your kids? I can’t even imagine.
- I’m jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn’t have to work either.
- So what do you do all day, anyway?
- Don’t worry; I’m sure you’re not the only one who’s ever wasted money on a college degree.
- That explains why your son is so clingy!
- Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
Feel free to vent/chime in with your own zingers in the comments section.