Potty Training: 10 Signs It May Not Be Going Well
Being in the midst of off-and-on potty training, ourselves, I thought I would share some wisdom I’ve gleaned along the way — mainly, 10 signs that potty training may not be going well.
1. Toddler has broad definition of “potty.”
2. Toddler unwisely insists, “I DO IT MYSELF!”
3. You notice the potty has been turned into a toy storage compartment.
4. There are slight logistical issues.
5. Toddler tries to distract you from training process by using potty as accessories for song-and-dance number.
6. Toddler avoids process by employing a potty trainee replacement.
7. Toddler exhibits a certain pride in forgetting to tell you she has to go potty.
8. A Number One takes days, sometimes weeks, to accomplish.
9. Your child says, “Uh, Mom, seriously? I’m only four months old.”
10. Your toddler’s room looks like this.
Candy Kirby is the founder of The Laughing Stork and a professional fun-maker who will never stop chasing her lifelong dream: to find the Pomeranian or porn star after whom her parents must have named her. She also used to be a staff writer for the soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful, where she penned many scripts featuring prolonged heated stares and countless “Who’s the Daddy?” story lines. Candy lives in Los Angeles with her husband, two young kids and three rescue Persian cats who enjoy blanketing every inch of the house in kitty fur. For more of Candy's nonsense, check out her personal Twitter, The Laughing Stork's Twitter and The Laughing Stork's Facebook page.