Being in the midst of off-and-on potty training, ourselves, I thought I would share some wisdom I’ve gleaned along the way — mainly, 10 signs that potty training may not be going well.
1. Toddler has broad definition of “potty.”
2. Toddler unwisely insists, “I DO IT MYSELF!”
3. You notice the potty has been turned into a toy storage compartment.
4. There are slight logistical issues.
5. Toddler tries to distract you from training process by using potty as accessories for song-and-dance number.
6. Toddler avoids process by employing a potty trainee replacement.
7. Toddler exhibits a certain pride in forgetting to tell you she has to go potty.
8. A Number One takes days, sometimes weeks, to accomplish.
9. Your child says, “Uh, Mom, seriously? I’m only four months old.”
10. Your toddler’s room looks like this.
Dance parties are a big part of being a parent, especially when you’re the parent of younger children. I love them because when I am hosting (or am summoned...