Top 10 Things I Will Remember This Memorial Day
May 25, 2012 | Filed Under: Top 10 Lists | Tags: Memorial Day
10. A time when I was able to leave the house and get into the car in less than two hours.
9. My once legendary tolerance.
7. A day when something other than the Fresh Beat Band blared from my car stereo.
6. Our 14-year-old Pillsbury Doughboy cookie jar, who recently was beheaded in a tragic housecleaning accident:
5. My pre-pregnancy smaller feet.
4. The freedom to watch whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, on TV.
3. My two-seat red convertible.
2. The ability to walk across my living room without stepping on a dozen toys.
1. Walking onto a plane and into restaurants…without people giving me the hairy eyeball.
And, in all seriousness, the brave men and women we have lost in military service.