After six fun years of writing about my personal experience with motherhood, I’m packing it up here at The Laughing Stork to launch Mother Humor — which is poised to become the parenting equivalent of Funny or Die or CollegeHumor. Basically, all the same silliness (yes, there are still funny baby pictures! and parenting drinking games!), but without the personal pictures and pimple updates (I’m sure you’re devastated about that).
Be sure to check out Mother Humor, which has already soft-launched and will soon include original videos, Web series and apps, as well as a parenting satire magazine. You can also join us on Facebook. Because, as I’ve been known to say…
Thanks for joining me on this crazy journey called motherhood. Hope you’ll stick around to see what nonsense I come up with next.
Hugs, kisses and new site launches,
Setting aside yet another moment to let the kiddos how much I appreciate all that they do for me…
It’s that time of year when we welcome the best season of all; I am, of course, talking about the Fall TV season. Woo-hoo! To get us properly excited about tonight’s premiere of one of my favorite shows, Modern Family, I’ve rounded up the top 10 “Phil-isms” to live by:
- “Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders.”
- “When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like ‘Whaaat?!’”
- “If you love something, set it free… unless it’s a tiger.”
- “I always felt bad for people with emotionally distant fathers; it turns out I’m one of them. It’s a miracle I didn’t end up a stripper.”
- “I’ve always said that if my son thinks of me as one of his idiot friends, I’ve succeeded as a dad.”
- “The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you, if you just lower your expectations”
- “Claire likes to say ‘you can be part of the problem or part of the solution.’ But, I happen to believe you can be both.”
- “I am brave. Roller coasters? Love ’em. Scary movies? I’ve seen Ghostbusters like 7 times. I regularly drive through neighborhoods that have only recently been gentrified. So yeah I am pretty much not afraid of anything.”
- “Always look people in the eye, even if they’re blind. Just say ‘I’m looking you in the eye.’”
- “A Realtor’s just a ninja in a blazer. The average burglar breaks in and leaves clues everywhere. But not me. I’m completely clueless.”